Wednesday, December 2, 2009

tuRkEY dAy

Thanksgiving is my favorite holiday!! I love all the food plus all of the thanks makes it one of the best!! I wanted to make an advent calender for my kids. I took me forever cause i am the slowest person ever to finish a project, but they turned out cute and the kids love them!! Everyday for the month of Nov the kids get to pluck a feather and on the back it says something that we should be thankful for that day and an activity!! Camden loved it everyday she picked a feather she said "look mom, it says we are thankful for pies so we better make one!" It was fun how much she got into it this year.
My parents and brother were so sweet to come all the way here to windy, cold Wyoming for the holiday this year. We are so grateful for having them in our lives!! Thanks for coming guys it was a blast!!

Not much to do in our small town but we did manage to squeeze in a turkey bowl!! My kids love to go bowling and so does my daddy!! It was super fun and the bowling alley here is super nice!!

The kids actually beat Uncle Jay and Grandma!! They did awesome and got a strike and a few spares!!

Mr. Man is a big fan!!

I will tell you, i absolutely suck at bowling i am lucky to break 100 (very lucky, like i have only done it once) but it was my day and i whooped everyone!! I got 145!! I even got a TURKEY!! Yeah for me!! Sorry i have to brag a little, my brother is like one of the people who is good at everything (except bowling) so i have to rub it in his face a little!!!

3 comments:

Kellie said...

i love your advent calendar idea. so cute and creative. that's fun that your fam came up for Thanksgiving! I bet it was delicious!

Amanda said...

I agree....super cute Advent Calendar...way to be an ambitious mom! Plus, good job on the bowling....you rock :)

Lindon Matters said...

WTF? Thanks for the insults......I hope it never gets above 30 degrees in Wyoming.....oh wait it already doesnt!