Sunday, August 9, 2009

a little fresh mountain air

My dad build a family cabin almost 30 years ago and every summer we try to get up there and spend a week or so. It's just up by Sundance. This year was a much needed, very nice, chill week. Thanks mom and dad for the always fun times.

Mr. Cawas loved the little playground. The slide is always a hit!!
He is giving my mom "death eyes"

It is tradition at the cabin to have the jetted tub make tons and tons of bubbles. I did it when i was a kid and now it's my kids turn!!

Camden had so much fun just playing in the little stream, throwing rocks, and balancing on the bridge. Its so nice to get up into the mountains once in awhile. The smell is my favorite!!! Plus the kids have a blast!!

Mr. Man had his first real experience with corn on the cob and boy it was a hit.

We got to spend some time with my niece and nephew. Cawa's and Hunter are 6 weeks apart and don't play the best with each other quite yet. But soon enough they will be best of friends.

The kiddos practicing a little piano!!

I love this pic. Camden is a fan of the "ice cream on a stick"

Enjoying the mountain air. Can't wait til next year. Thanks again mom and dad!!!

4 comments:

Kellie said...

oh these pictures bring back the best memories, i LOVE your cabin.

Nate and Janie said...

Oh man - how I love that cabin! We've had so many fun times up there. I have a ton of memories from that beautiful place - it's one of my favorite places to go! Thanks for sharing and bringing back some of those memories for me! Love ya Jen!

Blackwell said...

Lol...I love the tub picture! It reminds me of me and my sis when we were little too! That looks like such a fun cabin. I'm so glad we can keep in touch now, I always ask Lacey how you are but now I won't have to.

Alison Heiner said...

That sounds so relaxing. What a fun tradition.