Monday, April 15, 2013

A First...

The pictures on my phone suck, they are always blurry. Oh well but we had a first at our house this week. Our first broken bone! So Sad but on Sat night Colbie Cheese broke her leg. She was climbing up our kitchen stool and it tipped over on her and landed on her leg. It wasn't swollen (that night) or black and blue so I figured it was just sore but she wouldn't put any weight on her left leg at all. For the whole night and the entire next day, Sunday. It started swelling a little Sunday but not to much. So today I made her an appointment and sure enough, her leg is broken. Just above her ankle. Both bones, poor thing. She is a champ though. She just hangs out and scoots around or I carry her where she wants to go. She hardly whines or cries about the pain only if it gets bumped or she puts any weight on it at all. Tough little cookie.
Here we are at the Dr's getting her temporary cast put on. She doesn't look like a little lady who has a broken leg. She has been nothing but a gem since this drama happened. Which is not normal for her but maybe this bone snapping snapped her out of her crankiness! Cross our fingers. The only thing that this broken bone has really effected so far is that I carry her a lot of places which isn't bad since she only weights about 27lbs. And the last 2 nights have been rough sleeping. She turns a tiny bit and it hurts of course so she wakes up and cries. Lets hope that isn't the case for much longer.

 
 Silly face! Here is her temp cast and she is pretty excited to get her pink permanent cast in 1 week. This cast has given her a false sense of security I think cause tonight I got home from a girls night about 11 and she was crawling about 100 miles per hour on the ground. If I thought for 1 moment this broken leg might slow this kid down I was sorely mistaken. We keep telling her to take it easy but that didn't work before so why would it work now. We will see how the next 6-8 weeks go for us!  Colbie is such a good girl and I am sad this happened to her. We sure love this little nugget! 

1 comment:

Kyle and Shayla said...

Oh my! What a bummer, She looks like she handled it like a champ though.