Monday, January 24, 2011

makes me SICK...

Okay long story... So i like to sew and i saw this vintage quilt pattern and fell in love so clear back when i was prego with Colbie i went and bought some cute fabric. Then i never got around to it...So finally after 7 months i FINISHED it!! And i LOVE LOVE LOVE the way it turned out.
So after many hours(i am super slow at sewing) I debated using it at all cause i normally like to keep these nice quilts (that take alot of time) --nice! I don't use them, i know it's stupid, why make them right?? So anyway i decided i was going to use it. I literally washed it Saturday night. Then i used it today (Sunday). So we went to visit Reed and Melinda tonight and somehow on the way to their house it got lost. Ya, i said LOST!! I can't even believe it. I NEVER lose anything. It was super cold and super windy (surprise, surprise) and we busted into their house and it must have dropped out of Colbie's carseat. It was pretty heavy and i don't think it would have blown too far away, i think somebody saw a SUPER cute blanket and picked it up. Ya, it makes me SICK!! That's why i am blogging at 1:30am cause i can't sleep my stomach is sick! But what do ya do i guess. Good thing we go to UT soon so i can get some more fabric and start over. Maybe in 7+ more months i will have another cute blanket to blog about. And ya that one will stay in a safe place!!

Good thing this sweet little face makes my life happy, otherwise i would be pretty darn ornery right now. Oh and ps... i felt in this cheesers mouth tonight and a sharp little tooth poked me. I can't believe my baby is old enough to have a tooth.



10 comments:

The Griffin Crew said...

oh jenny I am so sorry!!! That sucks it was such a cute blanket!!

Ellis Family said...

I can't believe that colbies blanket is gone! I'm so sorry!! I'm glad you got to use it at least once. It really is gorgeous!

Natalie said...

NO!!!!!!!! I am so bummed for you! It was a beautiful blanket!!! That SUCKS. I'm so sorry!!! You just barely finished it! At least Colbie's tooth finally poked through!

Darren and Mandi said...

That is so sad! I'm sorry hun! The blanket was absolutely adorable!

Jen said...

O sad!!! I was going to tease you about how much I love my baby gift. ha ha... ya thats not so funny anymore. So so sad!

Reed & Melinda Family said...

We should put flyers out and hope that someone would be honest and call.

derek and michelle said...

NO WAY!!!!!!!! Im sorry.

penny said...

I wish I could say it blew on over here. too cute and so sorry.

Chris and Beth Will said...

That is so sad. Darn that stupid wind!!
I'm sure you are heartbroken, as well as sick because I am heartbroken for you. I know how long it takes to make things like that.

N+M Family said...

Sorry to hear that , but the blanket turned out way cute. When ya comin to UT?